:: Wednesday, May 24, 2006 ::
Can't Scare Me, I've Got Nothing To Lose
Since there's a con artist of a literary agent throwing a hissy-fit over being labeled a con artist and managing to get whole websites shut down, here's a reprinting of the list of the Twenty Worst Agents that she figures so prominently on.
* The Abacus Group Literary AgencySince I'm just a local blogger with no financial stake in my website, I'd like to see someone try to throw enough of a hissy fit over my reprinting of the list.
* Allred and Allred Literary Agents (refers clients to "book doctor" Victor West of Pacific Literary Services)
* Barbara Bauer Literary Agency
* Benedict Associates (also d/b/a B.A. Literary Agency)
* Sherwood Broome, Inc.
* Capital Literary Agency (formerly American Literary Agents of Washington, Inc.)
* Desert Rose Literary Agency
* Arthur Fleming Associates
* Finesse Literary Agency (Karen Carr)
* Brock Gannon Literary Agency
* Harris Literary Agency
* The Literary Agency Group, which includes the following:
-Children's Literary Agency* Martin-McLean Literary Associates
-Christian Literary Agency
-New York Literary Agency
-Poets Literary Agency
-The Screenplay Agency
-Stylus Literary Agency (formerly ST Literary Agency, formerly Sydra-Techniques)
-Writers Literary & Publishing Services Company (the editing arm of the above-mentioned agencies)
* Mocknick Productions Literary Agency, Inc.
* B.K. Nelson, Inc.
* The Robins Agency (Cris Robins)
* Michele Rooney Literary Agency (also d/b/a Creative Literary Agency, Simply nonfiction, and Michele Glance Rooney Literary Agency)
* Southeast Literary Agency
* Mark Sullivan Associates
* West Coast Literary Associates (also d/b/a California Literary Services)
And, if you're wondering, the reason I even care about this stuff is because my sibling is an apiring writer looking for her own agent.
:: The Squire 9:20 PM :: email this post :: ::